What We Do
Nat King Cole Generation Hope is proud to support organizations and schools that are committed to providing quality music education to children with the greatest need and fewest resources.
Nat King Cole Generation Hope is currently not accepting grant applications. This year's funding has been allocated to the following programs: Summer Strings at Lynn University, Summer Strings at VanderCook College of Music, Music Mentors in Schools, Instrument refurbishment and placement, and the Nat and Maria Cole Memorial Scholarship.
We do on occasion partner with organizations and/or schools to further our mission. If you have a program that compliments or mirrors the programs we currently fund please reach out to us! We welcome those who share our passion to Keep Music Alive!
If you have questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Thank you for all you do for the children you serve!
We accept grant applications from within the States of Florida, California and New York. Additional States will be added on as our fundraising efforts are expanded.
- Music education – must be the key component of any music program requesting funds
- Organizations must be non-profit 501(C)(3) programs directly funding music education and serving students regardless of their ability to pay
- School programs must qualify for Title I federal funding and/or serve at least 70% low-income students
- Schools must already employ a music educator(s) and have an existing music program in place
- Grant requests must articulate specific music program needs – for existing and/or planned programs
- Music education programs must meet national standard non-discrimination policies
- Recipients will be required to complete periodic evaluations
Priority will be given to the following music education programs
- Programs serving students in grades K-12
- Programs serving economically disadvantaged children
- Programs involving innovative educational reform
- Programs including the basic need of music instruments and educational materials
- Programs having established collaborative partnerships with parent-teacher-student associations (PTSA) and/or other community groups
As a general rule, Nat King Cole Generation Hope, Inc. does not make charitable grants to the following, but not limited to:
- Religious, political, labor, athletic, or fraternal organizations
- Operating deficits or debt retirement
- Music therapy and dance
- General requests for operating funds or capital campaigns
- Event sponsorships such as, but not limited to: walks, runs, or golf tournaments
- Programs serving people and communities outside the U.S.